Our politicians sometimes act like spoiled children so it is not surprising that Santa Claus also paid them a visit and gave them appropriate gifts, so we checked around to see what he had chosen for them. As well as a gift he gave them a book.
- Boris Johnson – A packet of condoms and a copy of Married Love by Marie Stopes, the campaigner for contraception (Published in 1918.)
- Keir Starmer – Mercurial Superfly AG Soccer Football Boots(in Red) and the 10 Prime Ministers we never had by Steve Richards. (May be updated).
- Nigel Farage – Eurorail pass and The New Complete Joy of Home Brewing.
- Nicola Sturgeon – Funding for Rebuiding Hardian’s Wall and Eachdraidh Ealasaid ann an Tìr nan Iongantas (Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland in Scottish Gaelic). Good luck.
- Matt Hancock – Voucher for Victoria’s Secret and The Art of Kissing by Hugh Morris.
- Jeremy Corbyn – Fifty per cent pay rise for all workers and The Essential Allotment Guide: How to Get the Best out of Your Plot (Gardening not politics).
- Priti Patel – Fifty patrol boats for the Channel and a copy of Bloody Foreigners by Robert Winder.
- Tony Blair – Review of the tax system and Resume Writing, Job Hunting & Interviews.: CV Writing, Job Search, Interview Skills.
I’m sure our politicians are delighted with their gifts and are already getting their lists ready for next year so they had ‘better be good.
Have good week,